May Day/Grandparents Day Celebration
Type: School Events
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Each class is responsible for certain parts of this festival, such as bringing flowers and food, and making wreaths.
Please note: The original version of this schedule included a massive amount of typos and other signs of poor education. I cleaned it up as best I could without altering the intended meaning. Hope it helped!
- 8:20 to 8:45 Grand Parents Arrive (Coffee, tea, and food available in Main Hall/ outside)
- 8:45 Welcome and tour of classrooms for grandparents, led by Jamie, Administrator
- 9:30 - 10:30 Classes begin getting volunteers from classes ready to help with garland making, and classroom volunteers ready strawberry shortcakes.
- 9:30 – 11:20 Garland making with flowers under shade structures. Garland schedule for each class:
- Kindergarten to make garlands most of the morning and or a time that works best for them. Kindergartens have their own garland making stations by their classrooms. -
- 9:30 First Grade and Second Grade
- 10:00 Third Grade through Fifth Grade
- 10:30 Sixth Grade and Seventh Grade
- 10:00 – 11:15 Set up May Day Booths by Kristen and her volunteers, set up food areas
- 11:30 to 12:15 May Day Dances ● Kindergarten presents the Royalty with a rose pedal path and first begins the dancing ● All grades will be performing 12:15 children return to their classrooms for lunch
- 12:15 to 12:45 Lunch – 7th grade sell pizza/drinks
- 12:45 classes serve strawberry shortcake
- 1:00 Children dismissed
- 2:30 to 3:00 Clean up
See Shortcake Recipe